Yummy Peanut Blossoms
Posted by Anna Popescu
This morning I baked a batch of an old family favorite: Peanut Blossoms. Most of them are going to a Christmas party tonight as part of a cookie exchange, but we do have a few left to enjoy here.
- 48 Hershey’s Kisses
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Granulated sugar
- Heat oven to 375°F. Remove wrappers from chocolates.
- Beat shortening and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended. Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and immediately press a chocolate into center of each cookie; cookie will crack around edges.
- Bake another 2 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies.
Find a clean printable version here.