13 Days of Being Thankful
Thank you for cruising these 13 days of being thankful with me. In hindsight, I wish I had started this on November 1st, but sometimes it takes a while for an idea to gel in my mind.
I am always thankful for:
- my Savior and Lord Jesus Christ
- my sweet hubby
- my wonderful children (including my daughter-in-love)
- my father and 4 sisters
- my local “family” of close friends
- long-distance friends, some of whom I have not yet met
- my church family
- my cozy home, warm in the winter and cool in the summer
- plenty of food
- enough clothes
- a reliable vehicle
- “thorns” to keep me grounded and closely relying on God
- laughter to lighten up a rough day
- overflowing joy in the midst of even the worst of trials
- the supreme comfort in knowing that my God is always with me
- that all-encompassing “peace of God, which transcends all understanding,” that “will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:7).
This list looks long but I’m sure there are many more things I could add. Sometimes I feel like my view of the outside world is about the size of a quarter because I’m housebound so much, but when I take the time to count my blessings, I am always overwhelmed with thankfulness and praise to my God for providing so abundantly.
Beloved, may we never forget to be thankful for the seemingly tiniest of blessings in our lives!