Happy Happy Joy Joy
Have you ever noticed how many Scripture passages there are about being happy and full of joy? On this Happy Sunday I’d like to share some of those with you, to remind all of us of the immense happiness and joy we have in Jesus Christ.
- Psalm 63:7—You have helped me, and I sing happy songs in the shadow of your wings.
- Psalm 81:1—Be happy and shout to God who makes us strong! Shout praises to the God of Jacob.
- Psalm 89:16—We are happy all day because of you, and your saving power brings honor to us.
- Psalm 98:3-5—God has been faithful in his love for Israel, and his saving power is seen everywhere on earth. Tell everyone on this earth to sing happy songs in praise of the LORD. Make music for him on harps. Play beautiful melodies!
- Psalm 5:11—But let all who take refuge in You be glad, let them ever sing for joy; and may You shelter them, that those who love Your name may exult in You.
- Psalm 16:11—You will make known to me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy; in Your right hand there are pleasures forever.
- Psalm 32:11—Be glad in the Lord and rejoice, you righteous ones; and shout for joy, all you who are upright in heart.
- Psalm 47:1—Clap your hands, all peoples; shout to God with the voice of joy.
This is the praise song that I often sing to the Lord each night just before I go to sleep. It is based on Psalm 5:11:
How about you, Beloved? What songs of praise for our Savior and Lord Jesus fill your heart to overflowing?
The advertising which may appear below is not placed by the author and is not to be considered as a part of this post or an expression of my views.
Posted on March 2, 2014, in happy, Joy and tagged beautiful, believe, God, happy, happy happy joy joy, Jesus, joy, Lord, praise, Sunday, thankful, treasure, wonderful. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.