My children, Kathy & Alan, live in the Phoenix area and make this mom’s heart thankful they have grown to be such wonderful and caring adults. Alan married in 2010, so I am also blessed with Denise as a special daughter-in-love.
The Lord took my Mom home in 2007, and I miss her. My Dad and two sisters live in Florida while my two other sisters live in the Northeast. God has also blessed me and Rick with a wonderful church family and also a local family: a group of very close-knit friends.
I love to write when I am able, but on the days when I am struggling with health issues and can’t manage much of anything, I can at least crochet. Besides a few personal items, my current projects in progress include lapghans of various colors and sizes for area rehab centers and nursing homes.
My Statement of Faith
- in one God eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
- that the Bible is the completely accurate Word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit
- that Jesus Christ was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, and led a sinless life
- Jesus Christ took on Himself all of our sins, died on the cross, rose again on the third day, and is now seated at the right hand of the Father as our Mediator and Advocate
- that all men everywhere are sinners and face the judgment of God, and need to come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ through His shed blood on the cross
- that Jesus Christ rose from the dead and is coming again soon
Learn the ABC’s of faith here.
Rick and I are very thankful members of Grace Baptist Church, which is blessed to be pastored by God loving and God fearing men who preach the entire Word of God, according to their Statement of Faith:
- “Every word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.” -Proverbs 30:5
- We believe that the Bible is God’s Word, that it was written by men divinely inspired and that it is the supreme, infallible authority in all matters of faith and conduct. (I Corinthians 2:13; II Timothy 3:16, 17; II Peter 1:20, 21).
- We believe in God the Father, perfect in Holiness, infinite in wisdom, measureless in power. We rejoice that He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of men, that He hears and answers prayers, and that He saves from sin and death all that come to Him through Jesus Christ. (I Corinthians 8:6; I Peter 1:16; Psalms 139:8; Matthew 6:8, 32; Matthew 5:45; Romans 5:8).
- We believe in Jesus Christ, the eternal and only begotten Son of God, conceived of the Holy Spirit, of Virgin Birth, sinless in His life, making atonement for the sins of the world by His death and shed blood on Calvary’s cross. We believe in His bodily resurrection, His ascension and visible, personal and imminent return to the world according to His promise. (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:18-25; II Corinthians 5:21; I Peter 2:24; I Thessalonians 4:13-18).
- We believe in the Holy Spirit who came forth from God to convince the world of sin; of righteousness and of judgment; and to regenerate, sanctify, help and comfort all those who believe in Jesus Christ. (John 14:16, 26; John 15:26; John 16:7-11; Romans 8:9; I Corinthians 12:12-14; Ephesians 1:13-14; Ephesians 5:18-20).
- We believe that all men by nature and by choice are sinners, but that “God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16 We believe, therefore, that those who receive Christ as Lord and Savior will rejoice forever in God’s presence, and those who refuse to receive Christ as Lord and Savior will be forever separated from God. Those who receive Christ as Savior are kept by His power eternally. The punishment of unbelievers and the reward of the righteous are both everlasting and conscious. (Romans 5:12; Psalms 51:5; John 3:18; Romans 6:23; Revelation 20:15; Romans 8:1, 38-39; John 10:27-30; I Corinthians 1:8-9).
- We believe in the church- a living spiritual body of which Christ is the head and of which all regenerated people are members. We believe that the local church is a company of believers in Jesus Christ, immersed on a credible confession of faith, and associated for worship, work and fellowship. We believe that to those local churches were committed for perpetual observance, the ordinances of Baptism, and the Lord’s Supper. Baptism by immersion in water is the public confession of Christ as Savior and Lord; it is a symbol of one’s union by faith with Christ in death, burial and resurrection. The Lord’s Supper should be observed by all believers and symbolizes the death of Christ for the remission of sins and continual dependence upon Him for our sustenance. The Lord’s Table is open to all believers who are in a right relationship with God. Or, who after self-examination are seeking to be restored to a right relationship with God in the communion experience. (Ephesians 1:22-23; I Corinthians 12:12-14; Acts 2:42-47; I Corinthians 11:24-26; Romans 12:5; Colossians 1:18; Acts 8:36-38).
- We believe that every human being is responsible to God alone in matters of faith; and that this church is autonomous and free from interference by any ecclesiastical or political authority; that therefore, church and state must be kept separate having different functions, each fulfilling its duties free from the dictation of each other. (Matthew 22:21).