3 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups white sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups cold water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Sift flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and cocoa together into a 9 x 13-inch ungreased baking pan.
- Pour oil into one well, vinegar into the second well and vanilla into the third well.
- Pour the cold water over all and stir well with a fork.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 to 40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Frost with your favorite icing and enjoy!