Category Archives: blog
Last week I received a surprise in the form of another blog award. It came on a day when I really needed something to make me smile.
Thank you, Betty, for giving me this award. You absolutely made my day!
I have been so blessed by all my bloggy friends and today I want to share with you several blog awards I recently received:
These awards are such fun to receive and share with you!
I need to thank Ginger from Daily Life with Fibromyalgia and Peter from PJ Grace Community: Identifying Evidences of God’s Grace .
THANK YOU BOTH!
Peter nominated me for the Lovely Blog Award, the Shine On Award, and the Very Versatile Blogger Award.
Interestingly, both Ginger and Peter nominated me for the Blog of the Year 2012 award so I get to display the image that includes 2 brightly shining stars. [See explanation of this below.]
Peter, I know I am supposed to share 7 things about myself here, but I’ll save that for a few future Tidbit Tuesdays. I only have so much energy these days, and most people would probably be able to just dash off this post quickly, but it literally takes me hours to prepare, compose and schedule this kind of post.
Ginger, I am following your ‘rules’ for the Blog of the Year 2012 because it basically only entails my copying from your post where you listed your nominees. Now that I can manage, so here it is!
Here are my blog nominees for the Blog of the Year 2012:
The ‘rules’ for this award are simple:
- Select the blog(s) you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award
- Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with their award.
- Please include a link back to this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award – http://thethoughtpalette.co.uk/our-awards/blog-of-the-year-2012-award/ and include these ‘rules’ in your post (please don’t alter the rules or the badges!)
- Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them.
- You can now also join our Facebook group – click ‘like’ on this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award Facebook group and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience
- As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars…
Yes – that’s right – there are stars to collect!
Unlike other awards which you can only add to your blog once – this award is different!
When you begin you will receive the ‘1 star’ award – and every time you are given the award by another blog – you can add another star!
There are a total of 6 stars to collect.
Which means that you can check out your favourite blogs – and even if they have already been given the award by someone else – you can still bestow it on them again and help them to reach the maximum 6 stars!
‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award Badges
Here are the six badges for you to collect – you can either ‘swop’ your badge for the next one each time you are given the award – or even proudly display all six badges if you are lucky enough to be presented with the award six times!
Need to know more? Check out our FAQ page.
And Congratulations! on being chosen for the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award
‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award – thumbnails
Here are the 6 awards in thumbnail size for your sidebar – feel free to Right Click and save any of the images on this page:
Please visit the blogs I’ve nominated to show your support. You never know—you might be inspired to follow one of them too!
One year ago today I started This Thing Called Life. I have had web sites and blogs before but apparently this one is what the Lord had in mind for me all along. You know how it is. Sometimes it takes awhile until we “get it.”
I’ve been thinking a lot about my tag line: while you’re here you might as well dance. My two bum knees have kept me from dancing for a long, long time so I’m not sure why I decided on that particular phrase. So I’ll be rethinking that in the coming year. I also want to work up the perfect mission statement for this blog and for me personally.
Thank you so much for spending time with me as I share my heart with all of you. It’s been a huge privilege and blessing for me and I look forward to seeing what the Lord has planned for me here during the next year!
Blessings to all of you!
While I was away from my blog for personal reasons, I was also nominated for the “Sunshine Award” by Ugochi Jolomi of Teshuva: Inspirations for a Better Life ~ http://www.ugochi-jolomi.com.
The award details:
Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them
Answer the following 10 questions about yourself
- Favorite color? Any and every shade of pink!
- Favorite animals? Dogs for sure, although I don’t currently have one.
- Favorite number? 3 because it represents the Trinity.
- Favorite drink? Coffee!
- Facebook or Twitter? Both, although I use Facebook way more.
- Good book or good movie? Oh, absolutely a good book!
- My Passion? To illustrate and share God’s mercy and grace with those whom He places in my life.
- Giving or getting presents? Giving, especially anonymously.
- Favorite day? Probably Thursday because that’s our local family’s coffee get-together day!
- Favorite flower? Definitely tulips.
Select 10 of your favorite bloggers, link their posts and let them know they have been given the Sunshine Award
- Ez at Creature Comforts
- Rachel at Faith. Family. Fun.
- Alisa at Faith Imagined
- Julie at Joy’s Hope
- Karla at Karla Dornacher
- Mary at Live Uncaged
- Lynn at Lynn’s Kitchen Adventure
- Eileen at The Pink Home
- Janette (Autumn) and Jordan (Spring) at The Two Seasons
- The Heart of J at Through Him with Him in Him
Remember to copy and paste the award on your blog!
I was recently nominated for the “Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award” by Cloudwatcher at http://meetingintheclouds.wordpress.com/ —Meeting in the Clouds: Cloudwatcher’s Life Story and Inspirational Blogs ~ 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17.
I was initially drawn to Cloudwatcher’s blog because there are similarities in our backgrounds, and I am impressed and blessed by her huge faith in spite of what went on in her young life. I became one of her subscribers because of her clear messages of faith and hope. It is apparent that she spends a huge amount of time and effort in Bible study, research and reading to complete her posts. She is a true blessing and encouragement to me!
As to the title of her blog, Cloudwatcher shares:
“Why “Meeting in the clouds”? The Scripture reference on the heading gives the answer:
1 Thessalonians 4:16-17: “For the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them IN THE CLOUDS, to meet the Lord in the air: and so we shall ever be with the Lord.”
What a glorious day that will be! Will you be there?
So thank you so much for the honor of this award, Cloudwatcher. I’m thankful for our blogosphere meeting and look forward to worshipping and praising the Lord together in heaven!
The guidelines for accepting the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award are:
Share seven things about yourself.
- I am the oldest of 5 girls—no boys.
- My name is actually Anna Marie but I dropped the Marie when I was 11 years old and we moved and changed schools. At that young age I thought Anna Marie sounded too Italian and I so wanted to be like most of my friends who were fair-skinned Irish girls.
- I have naturally curly hair with the accompanying eternal frizziness that has frustrated me all my life. During our super-humid monsoon season, which is happening right now, there’s no way I can wear my hair anything but curly. Check it out:
- I was given the nickname “Smiley” by some coworkers many years ago.
- I have a strong dislike for polenta topped with tomato sauce. Don’t ask.
- I was saved in 1979 and then spent 16 years backsliding. I became a true Jesus follower when I rededicated my life to the Lord and was baptized in 1995.
- I love everything about the color pink because it’s such a cheerful color.
- OK, I know it says 7 things but here’s a freebie: I’m a truck girl!
Link back to the person who nominated you.
Meeting in the Clouds
Cloudwatcher’s Life Story and Inspirational Blogs: 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
Place the award on your blog.
Pass the award on to other bloggers.
I nominate the following to receive this award:
http://susanstilwell.com/ — I Hope for Him
Teshuva ~ Inspirations for a Better Life
Anna (yes, another one!)
God’s Word for Women
My Life in Color
Please take the time to visit the blogs of these dear ladies. You’ll be glad you did and you might make some new bloggy friends!
Live Uncaged: http://www.marydemuth.com/
Devotionals That Encourage: http://lynnmosher.com/
I Hope 4 Him: http://ihope4him.blogspot.com/
Girl Talk: http://www.girltalkhome.com/
Faith Imagined: http://www.faithimagined.com/
And now I’ll turn the platform over to all of you listed above to pass on the Liebster Blog award!
I had quite a nice surprise in my email box this morning when I found out my blog was awarded the Liebster Award. To quote my friend’s blog, “liebster” means “favorite,” so this comes as a wonderful surprise, especially since my blog is so new and has very few followers so far.
The really fun part of this award is that I now get to nominate five of my favorite blogs that have fewer than 200 followers! I’ll be working on that this week, but for now I need to rest this weary bod. Blessings till next time…