Category Archives: Sunday
I absolutely LOVE Karla Dornacher’s artwork and this piece is no exception. In fact, I’d have to say this is one of my favorites of hers. The combination of cheery colors, cute flowers and that sweet little bird just make me smile and want to sing. And I feel happy just looking at it!
So on this Happy Sunday I wanted to share it with you and invite you to visit Karla’s site. You won’t be disappointed—she is one very talented lady!
I will give to the Lord the thanks due to his righteousness,
and I will sing praise to the name of the Lord, the Most High. —Psalm 7:17
I’ve shared here before that for various reasons—some health related—I make up many of my posts ahead of time and schedule them to publish on specific days. This morning is one of those days when I am so thankful I did so. Here is my Facebook status a little while ago:
I had already made this up last week, apparently because God knew I would need the message this morning. Am awed and humbled…
Awed because even though I am an extremely optimistic and happy person by nature, there are some mornings when I wake up in so much pain that I get discouraged. I know I’m not alone in the extreme pain department, but it does get to me sometimes.
Humbled because God loves me so much that He gave me this message way ahead of time. Not only to share with you but to remind me to be happy regardless of how I feel.
Praying and singing songs of praise here…
Is anyone among you in trouble? Let them pray.
Is anyone happy? Let them sing songs of praise.
On this Sweet Saturday I’d like to share some Scripture passages that totally speak for why Jesus is my Rock.
- The LORD lives! Praise be to my Rock! Exalted be God my Savior! —Psalm 18:46
- Truly my soul finds rest in God; my salvation comes from him. Truly he is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken. —Psalm 62:1-2
- Yes, my soul, find rest in God; my hope comes from him. Truly he is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge. —Psalm 62:5-8
- Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD, the LORD himself, is the Rock eternal. —Isaiah 26:4
Always cling to your Rock, no matter what’s happening in your life…
Here are several HAPPY Bible passages to kick your Happy Sunday into high gear:
- Psalm 63:7—“You have helped me, and I sing happy songs in the shadow of your wings.”
- Psalm 81:1—“Be happy and shout to God who makes us strong! Shout praises to the God of Jacob.”
- Psalm 89:16—“We are happy all day because of you, and your saving power brings honor to us.”
- Psalm 98:3-5—“God has been faithful in his love for Israel, and his saving power is seen everywhere on earth. Tell everyone on this earth to sing happy songs in praise of the LORD. Make music for him on harps. Play beautiful melodies!”
- Romans 5:2—“Christ has also introduced us to God’s undeserved kindness on which we take our stand. So we are happy, as we look forward to sharing in the glory of God.”
- Romans 5:11—“And in addition to everything else, we are happy because God sent our Lord Jesus Christ to make peace with us.”
- Colossians 1:11—“His glorious power will make you patient and strong enough to endure anything, and you will be truly happy.”
- Revelation 19:7—“So we will be glad and happy and give him praise. The wedding day of the Lamb is here, and his bride is ready.”